- The Bible is the only true message from God. (2 Peter 1: 21 – For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit).
- There is only one God, who created the world and has a great plan for it. (1 Timothy 2: 5 – For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus).
- The Holy Spirit is God’s own power by which He fulfils His purpose. (Luke 1: 35 – And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God).
- Jesus is the Son of God. He overcame temptation and died to save His followers from sin and death. (Romans 8: 3 – For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He (Jesus) condemned sin in the flesh).
- The devil is another name for our sinful human nature (which Jesus overcame) and is not a supernatural being. (Hebrews 2: 14 – Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself (Jesus) likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil).
- Jesus was raised from the dead and ascended to heaven, but will return to the earth again, to establish God’s kingdom. (Acts 1: 3 – To whom He (Jesus) also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God).
- When Jesus returns, He will raise the dead and give eternal life to those who have been faithful. (John 5: 28-29 – Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation).
- Those found faithful at the return of Jesus will help to bring peace to this troubled world. (Luke 22: 29-30 – And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed one upon Me, that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel).
- To be saved, we need to believe in God’s promises, repent, be baptised and follow Jesus in our own lives. (Mark 16: 16 – He who believes and is baptised will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned).
(All Bible quotes are from the New King James Version of the Bible)